Honourable Chief (Mrs.) Nkeiruka C. Onyejeocha was born on November 23rd, 1969 in Isuochi, Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia State, Nigeria. She is a businesswoman and politician representing Isuikwuato/Umunneochi constituency in the Federal House of Representative
MOST RECENT COMMENTS
|#||Picture||Project Title||Start Date||Status||Estimated Cost||Action|
Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha
Honourable Chief (Mrs.) Nkeiruka C. Onyejeocha was born on November 23rd, 1969 in Isuochi, Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia State, Nigeria. She is a businesswoman and politician representing Isuikwuato/Umunneochi constituency in the Federal House of Representatives.
Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha is 49 years old.
Born into the Family of Late Eze Bob Ogbonna, Honourable Nkeiruka had her early education at Isuochi Central Primary School and Isuochi secondary school and Ovim Girls School. Thereafter, she moved to the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka where she obtained a diploma in Social Work/Community Development with a credit pass in 1988. In 1993, she obtained a Bachelor’s Degree BA (Hons) from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. She also obtained a Master's Degree in International Affairs and Diplomacy from Imo State University in 2005. She also obtained a Master's Degree in Shipping from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Oyo State.
Honourable Nkeiruka had the compulsory National Youth Service in 1993. As a Youth Corp Member, she distinguished herself and endeared herself to all in the Protocol Department of the Governor’s Office, Osun State where she did her primary assignment. The exciting and all enriching experience was a great motivation in her future political endeavors.
In 1995, Honourable Nkeiruka joined her husband’s company as a manager. The company dealt with importation of baby clothing, household items, and general goods. She joined to build the company to a very enviable height. She worked as Managing Director of Nikkings and Kingzol International Ltd.
In 2002, she was appointed the Commisioner for Manpower Development in Abia State where she established skill acquisition centers across Abia State. She also served as a local government chairman in Abia State, where she presided over the affairs of the council.
Honourable Nkeiruka was first elected member of the Federal House of Representatives in 2007, and later re-elected in 2015, both under the People's Democratic Party (PDP). At the National Assembly, she served as the Chairman of Women in Parliament and Chairman, House Committee on Aviation. Her legislative interests border on sponsoring bills that will enhance the standard of living for children, women, youths and the less privilege, education and infrastructure including health and aviation sector. Her target achievements includes delivery of good and lasting democratic dividends to her constituency and Nigeria at large through responsive legislation.
Honourable Onyejeocha is happily married to High Chief (Sir) Kingsley Onyejeocha, the Chairman and Chief Executive of Conglomerate of Companies, and they are blessed lovely children.
- Associate of the Chattered Institute of Shipping (ACIS).
- Associate of Institute of Personal Management (AIPM)
- Member National Council of Women Society (NCWS).
- “Nneoma Nwere Ugwu” of the Methodist Church Nigeria, Nneochi Diocese.
- International Service Award of Rotary Club of Maryland.
- International Service Award, Enugu Rotary International District 9140.
- Merit Award of a visionary leader by National Association of Nigeria Students (NANS).
- The prestigious chieftaincy title of “ADA-EJI-AGA-MBA 1” of Umunneochi Local Government Area.
- Onunekwuru Oha 1 of Uturu Ancient Kingdom
- Adaugo 1 of Isuikwuato Local Government Area
- The most active female member of the National Assembly, 2012
- 101 eminent Nigerian women 2012, by Weekender Magazine
- Diamond Mother award, Methodist Church of Nigeria
- Africa achievers Award 2012
- Best legislator South-East by the Parliamentary Association of Nigeria
- Women Advancement Award by the WEF/MDGs and Many others.